I started looking online for tips to improve my brushing skills and how to style my hair, because, you know how your hair looks when you just got from the hairdresser? Shiny, healthy, it feels fresh, it looks great and then you wash it (after a day or 2) and it falls flat, weird,... Short said, totally different then it did with the hairdresser...
It always gets me extremely frustrated and makes me feel a bit stupid, all other human beings seem to be very capable of styling their hair, where do they get the wisdom from?
A few tips I found:
* Always let your hair dry to the air as much as possible (like 70%) before starting to style it or even using a hairdryer, else you cause damage to your hair
* If you don't have the time or the patience (like me) to do your entire hair, then concentrate on the front and side parties of your hair because they frame your face
* Always dry you bottom hair first and work your way up
* when you brush do it upwards, not downwards (like I always did...) because it will make your hair flat and will ad no style to it whatsoever...
* If you styled your hair perfectly in the evening and wake up with the same result you had when you just got you out of the shower then try this:
Tie a silk scarf around your styled hair before you go to bed.
It will keep your hair in place, it prevents your hair from getting static and gives it a nice and silky shine